The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep. Out of warranty because the radiator is only good to 36,000 miles. It's leaking at the bottom corner on the passenger side.

That's three problems in 60,000 miles and I'm not impressed. The drive coupler is a style that has been used for years by various manufacturers including our Sprinter with 270,000 miles on the original. The EGR temp sensor failed just like the 6.4s were failing and now the radiator. $462 my cost for the radiator. At least the guibo is cheap.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Well, going by autozone. That is pretty cheap for a radiator. But it would come with a lifetime warranty. Is it the end tank? If it is maybe a radiator shop can fix it. I would imagine that radiator is packed in there pretty tight though.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Tore into this today. I decided to pull the bumper cover and the grill separately just because there are so many clips to release. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward. I should have ordered the serpentine belt for it when I ordered the radiator since it's so easy to get to right now. I would have thought that Ford would require their dealers to stock things like belts, but apparently not.

Anyway, replacing the radiator isn't difficult, you just have a whole bunch of bolts to keep track of.

·
Registered
5,290 Posts
I bet if you walked into an operating room doing a face replacement surgery it would look like this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts