The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as my post says my 7.3 has been nothing but problems from transmission to transfer case to oil pan gasket ... now ive figured everything out but this one. My engine keeps killing a set of cylinders either the passenger side or driver but i believe it is mainly the passengers side. now i have replaced idm the lpr the icp the map sensor the valve cover gaskets when i first bought the truck had my scanner on it everything checks out but injector drop to 600 pw sometimes an i have to shut off the truck an restart it drives good for a few miles than does it again any thoughts? an look i didnt use foul language dont delete my post馃ぃ

Super Moderator
I assume that's a replacement engine, since you posted about throwing a rod a while back.

There should be codes if either the passenger side or driver side dies. Have you checked for codes? Even if the check engine light isn't on currently, there would still be codes stored if it ever came on. Your scan tool may not be capable of reading codes on your 7.3L.

Sounds like you've thrown lots of parts at it.

We appreciate you not using foul language. Your restraint is admirable. (y)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually that was in my f250 i did replace the engine but this truck im having problems with is my 450 an nope 0 codes with a snap on scanner an ive tried 6 diff scanner to no avail im thinking about swapping the computer because my scanner wont connect now. its just wierd because i did just about every sensor i could get to even take oem ones off my 250 thats runs great. this problems intermittent an im sure electrical an those are the hardest to find

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got my reader to work it was a burned fuse this is wut im getting when trying to start truck wont start now an lots of white smoke injecyor pulse width hit the 9000 mark on trying to start only runs for a few sencods than dies

Super Moderator
Check your fuel delivery. If you have a blockage there, it may run for a short time and then quit. White smoke indicates lack of fuel.
As far as monitoring while cranking, Just set it up for ICP (HPOP pressure), IPR duty cycle, Engine RPM, Battery Voltage, and Injector pulse width. The rest (especially Vacuum) is irrelevant.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what measurements should i get for fuel? an which plugs do i put the tool in ? i really appreciate the help

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey guys just wanted to let you know i did tests on injectors an fuel system i changed out the vc gasket again no luck i checked my main harnes an a wire rubbed through where the engine harness plugs into the body thanks everyone and lmk if any questions

Registered
Thanks for reporting the outcome, Rocketjr! The car/truck forums are filled with threads lacking conclusion, which does not help the data base.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts