The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking for help dealing with my 7.3. Under load, when accelerating, the truck starts to shake and has loss of power. Truck has new injectors, HPOP, fuel pump, fuel bowl, dropped the fuel tank and took the screens out, changed every sensor and nothing has changed. It’s a 2002 with 286,000 miles and has perfect compression. If anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate the feed back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’m looking for help dealing with my 7.3. Under load, when accelerating, the truck starts to shake and has loss of power. Truck has new injectors, HPOP, fuel pump, fuel bowl, dropped the fuel tank, and took the screens out, changed every sensor and nothing has changed. It’s a 2002 with 286,000 miles and has perfect compression. If anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate the feed back. There’s no error codes. I’ve changed the computer and IDM.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
No live data? No codes? How do you expect anyone to give you the answer without the equation?

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,316 Posts
I’m looking for help dealing with my 7.3. Under load, when accelerating, the truck starts to shake and has loss of power. Truck has new injectors, HPOP, fuel pump, fuel bowl, dropped the fuel tank and took the screens out, changed every sensor and nothing has changed. It’s a 2002 with 286,000 miles and has perfect compression. If anyone has any ideas, I’d appreciate the feed back.
Drew,
The goal on the forum is to try and diagnose the issue rather than throwing alot of money at parts hoping something works.
Next time check here first...not last👍

Were you having this issue before you started any of the parts replacement?

Do you have a Scan Tool to read Trouble Codes? Most generic scanners won’t read the codes, you need a Ford specific Code Reader. (If you live around Denver, I can help you out).
You will also want to monitor live data if you can...many of us use a Tool called AutoEnginuity that actually saves the live data to a file.

What brand of Sensors did you buy? Hopefully you saved your original Motorcraft sensors because they may be working fine.

Have you replaced your CPS?
Have you replaced your ICP?
Did you find an oil residue in the ICP pigtail? Or is it bone dry? Sometimes a flashlight helps to reflect an oil sheen.

We will just start from the beginning so the more details you can provide, the more it will help narrow it down.

Edit:
You describe it happening when you are accelerating. Is this any time you are accellerating or just when you are really getting on it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts