The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve got a 1989 Ford F2 50 with a 7.3 in it and I just replaced the injection pump, fuel pump, and fuel filter and I got it running then I blew one I may return lines so I replace that and I put on new injection caps just a plastic pieces and the rubber rings but now it starts up for about three seconds and dies any suggestions of what to do.

·
Registered
207 Posts
So I’ve got a 1989 Ford F2 50 with a 7.3 in it and I just replaced the injection pump, fuel pump, and fuel filter and I got it running then I blew one I may return lines so I replace that and I put on new injection caps just a plastic pieces and the rubber rings but now it starts up for about three seconds and dies any suggestions of what to do.
Sounds like you are getting air into the system. Why did the line blow off?

Sent from my SM-A115A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I got my truck to get fuel no air in the lines not want to start any suggestions

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
If you're sure there isn't ANY air in the fuel system, check the glow plugs

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does it smoke at all while trying to start? Run a clear line on the return slide where it goes into the filter head and watch for bubbles, if so still air . You will be surprised how much air can be in the system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I do need new glow plugs but they still work for now and I will try a clear line

1 - 8 of 8 Posts