The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys so I just bought a 2000 7.3 about 5 days ago for 20k it only has 146k on it I’ve been getting on it a little hard the past 2 days and it started a slight knock that now is a loud knock I can seem to figure out what it is. I asked a couple people and they said could be a fuel knock from a bad injector from what I told them about it (they have not seen the truck) but the knocking is definitely coming from the lower end it’s the loudest right by the oil pan and the bell housing for the trans I’m really worried this guy just robbed me from 20k it wasn’t doing this when I got it. Sounds like a bad rod knock. I changed the oil and there was no metal it. Really starting to get worried because it’s getting really loud and only started 2 days ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
1999 ford f250
135 Posts
Is the knock on the driver's side or passenger side?
Fuel knock is more likely imho.

·
Premium Member
2,336 Posts
Tyler, before you lose all happiness about your new to you truck you should know a few things, very little is diagnosed on these engines without codes. One can go through parts like a swap meet free-for-all guessing. Sounds and their descriptions vary so that's not a good diagnosis in itself. Does the sound go away with higher engine RPM and or is it more prominent at idle? Have you tried a fuel additive to see if that makes a difference. For example, bio-diesel runs quieter than most pump diesels. Some run 20% or more, do you know what the previous owner was doing? You might have plain old common "cackle" that was muffled by soy additive added to bio-diesel or a high dose of additives.

Reactions: bugman

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Is it a automatic or a 6 speed?

If it is a 6 speed it could be the clutch/flywheel

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts