The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im finishing up re-assembly and I have some medium size O-rings left, the stupid rebuild kit didn't come with Guide sheet for the parts, does anyone happen to have this?

·
Registered
10,578 Posts
This rebuild kit is for what specifically? What size are the O-rings? Cheers!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This rebuild kit is for what specifically? What size are the O-rings? Cheers!
the master engine rebuilt kit, it has everything in it, but no guide sheet,
non of the bags are marked what they are, a lot of it I can figure out, but some of these orings are specially shaped and differ in color and I don't know what that means

·
Super Moderator
25,204 Posts
What do you mean by specially shaped?
The water pump gasket is an o-ring type, and formed to fit the groove in the pump.
There are also two diamond cross-section o-rings that go under the CCV doghouse on the valve cover. I think the small o-rings that go under the doghouse screws are also not round cross section.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What do you mean by specially shaped?
The water pump gasket is an o-ring type, and formed to fit the groove in the pump.
There are also two diamond cross-section o-rings that go under the CCV doghouse on the valve cover. I think the small o-rings that go under the doghouse screws are also not round cross section.
There are about a dozen aprox 2" round gaskets: some round, some square, some half-round and then the same thing in brown color.

Looking at another kit there are two rectangular round rings in that one for the oil pump, one more square than rectangular but still definently rectangular, and the other is very skinny and long rectangular.

Im trying to figure if the rebuilder used the oring or not before tearing the sealed oil pan off to check. Im probably just going to end up tearing it off to make sure for peace of mind.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Some of those sound like Injector o rings. Did injectors get replaced? those come with new o rings.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Injector kit was excluded, we have brand new Swamps. Sorry im slow and lack of pictures, working out of town right now till friday then i cam get some pics.

·
Super Moderator
25,204 Posts
Thermostat housing gasket it about 2" dia and a square section. Also the water pump outlet elbow is similar.
Your photos are too fuzzy to read. I assume there are PN's in the description. If you can post PN for the ones you have questions about, we can probably look them up.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah that's the problem, that's just a generic pic from goodle that I snapped a pic with my phone of, im trying to find someone with .pdf's of the actual sheets =/

im finding out though that these kits also include 97 and 99 parts, which is why I have parts left over or not used... I just don't have a clue which is which... never using this kit again with no markings or tags... deff paying more for the motorcraft one >.<

1 - 10 of 10 Posts