The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 570k miles on my 2001 F350. Never had to go into engine till now. Engine almost hydro-locked when cranking. It never fully stopped turning but almost. I'm wondering about possible damage from that.

Pulled injectors and pressured the coolant. Found Number 8 injector cup cracked at base. It apparently would seep coolant into cylinder while engine was cooling off. Pulled injectors on left side and want you all's opinion. Putting in new stainless cups and orings. Does the appearance of these injectors tell you anything in particular? The cleaner of the two pictured is the number 8 that had the cracked cup. The one stained black is the number 4. The other two injectors resemble number 4. I would appreciate any opininions. I realize you can't see just a whole lot in the pictures other than overall appearance. Thanks.
20200217_064813_HDR.jpg
Number 4.
20200217_064749_HDR.jpg

Number 8

·
Registered
500 Posts
From first look they look good but it is what on the inside that matters. You could send them out to full force diesel for a flow test or swamp diesel or a local diesel shop that can flow test them that will tell you if you have a good set still. I just had my set checked by full force and had 3 that had some problems Internally and they fixed them and flow tested them and it was really inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I appreciate it. My local shop can't flow test then so I'll look into sending them off. I could tell the orings were leaking and had noticed the black fuel filter for a long while. I didn't know what was causing that untill I got on this site.

·
Registered
4,720 Posts
Is that a big crack on the second injector? With that many miles I would consider just getting new injectors.
DENNY

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It sure looks like one in the picture but under a magnifying glass its just a scratch. Made me take a second look too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts