The Diesel Stop banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
By the way I used the truck all weekend and it crank just fine every time even after a letting it sit overnight but I let it sit Monday and Tuesday for 2 days without doing anything and just try to crank it in a wouldn't go

·
Super Moderator
25,880 Posts
Like I said, there are 4 separate and independent circuits in the ignition switch and the start circuit contacts are likely burnt.
Here's a testing page for the ignition switch. The 4 circuits are shown on the left hand column.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
25,880 Posts
Thanks for the followup. Starters can be intermittent as well. If it stops rotating on a bad commutator section, it won't turn.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had the neutral safety switch replaced, and the gear shift column bushings replaced, the gear shifter is properly tightened sometimes the truck will start sometimes it won't. When it won't start I have to put it in neutral and push it forward a couple of feet and then put it back into park and usually then I can get it to start. When I say it won't start I mean it won't even tick. Everything turns on power to everything it just won't go until I've pushed it forward a couple of feet in neutral and then put it back in park or leave it in neutral and it will crank.
cps sensor

21 - 25 of 25 Posts