The Diesel Stop banner

7.3 overhaul kit

627 Views 11 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  garyandjanet
Greetings, just pulled the engine, out of my 1993 F 350. Looking for suggestions on where to find parts rebuild the engine. I had a Turbo rebuilt about 2000 miles ago, it developed a very bad blow by.
Thanks in Advance for any help you all may have. Gary
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
I think that I would try a Navistar/International shop since they are the ones who built it.
I buy most of my parts from RockAuto.

I just did a full video series on the 7.3 IDI rebuild with details on the parts that I used - here's Part 1 -

There are also other 6.9/7.3 videos on my channel of preliminary stuff like checking cylinder heads and blocks for cracks, checking valve guides, measuring bore, checking valve recession, engine disassembly, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE/videos
I got a complete rebuild kit made by ford thru riff raff diesel. Best price around
I buy most of my parts from RockAuto.

I just did a full video series on the 7.3 IDI rebuild with details on the parts that I used - here's Part 1 -

There are also other 6.9/7.3 videos on my channel of preliminary stuff like checking cylinder heads and blocks for cracks, checking valve guides, measuring bore, checking valve recession, engine disassembly, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE/videos
Thank you I just got the motor out will check in later
I got a complete rebuild kit made by ford thru riff raff diesel. Best price around
Where is that located
I think that I would try a Navistar/International shop since they are the ones who built it.
Thank you
Where is that located
Oregon, even with shipping to Canada it was the best deal. Currently $1339, 200 off for everything in pic below. 12 month Ford warranty
See less See more
Thats for the newer 7.3 though I think
Oregon, even with shipping to Canada it was the best deal. Currently $1339, 200 off for everything in pic below. 12 month Ford warranty View attachment 188614
Thanks for the info, I do not have the motor disassembled yet. I will need to look at what size the Pistons, and bearings are. How can I tell if that is the right kit for my engine. Mine is coming out of a 1993 F350 7.3 with Turbo. By any chance do you know where to locate the serial number on the motor. Thanks Gary
Thanks for the info, I do not have the motor disassembled yet. I will need to look at what size the Pistons, and bearings are. How can I tell if that is the right kit for my engine. Mine is coming out of a 1993 F350 7.3 with Turbo. By any chance do you know where to locate the serial number on the motor. Thanks Gary
I dont but someone will be along to help. Sizes were told to me by machine shop who did prep work
Thank You Again for Your Reply, I will be doing all of my own work, it's been about 40 years since I've disassembled a motor. The last one I did was a twin turbo 903 Cummins it ran for 8,000,000 miles, when I sold it, and bought another one. I have since retired from trucking at 35,000,000 miles under my belt. Fuel was $.11 a gallon while I started charging back in 1965 here is a picture of me in 1987 taken on the Ohio Turnpike at 70 miles an hour by passerby and mailed
into the company I was pulling for
See less See more
Reactions: 2
1 - 12 of 12 Posts