The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1999 f350 7.3 power stroke crew cab 4wd dulley
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1999 Ford F3 57.3 power stroke sitting at the red light running fine I’ll certain lost all power check the manifolds temperature driver side was 300 passenger side hundred to 120 last time this happened I change the glow plug wiring Harness this time I change the harness it didn’t need to be it was fine don’t know rather I’m getting power to the injectors I took the wiring harness off the motor checked the resistance with all my wires everything checked out Put the harness back on the motor same problem can I check the wiring hornist for the injectors with a test light ? I’ve got a P0107P 1690 a P1278P1293 codes I erased them and the code came back what is the P0107 and the P1690 and now it won’t run at all I would appreciate any help at all

·
Super Moderator
26,764 Posts
From your original codes you have wiring issues with the IDM. The P1278 is a wiring issue with Cylinder 8 and P1293 is the a problem with the injector feed for the passenger side bank.

Here's some info on how to test the IDM circuits. Link

If you have only the Glow Plug Relay (which won't affect running at all - it's just a starting aid), you have an early '99 model which doesn't have the Intake Air Heater Relay. Don't waste your time worrying about the GPR or glow plugs at this point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From your original codes you have wiring issues with the IDM. The P1278 is a wiring issue with Cylinder 8 and P1293 is the a problem with the injector feed for the passenger side bank.

Here's some info on how to test the IDM circuits. Link

If you have only the Glow Plug Relay (which won't affect running at all - it's just a starting aid), you have an early '99 model which doesn't have the Intake Air Heater Relay. Don't waste your time worrying about the GPR or glow plugs at this point.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I pull my wiring harness And check the resistance in my wires it all checked out So I presume that I’m not getting fire to my wiring Harness I checked that link and it was a injector identification chart I didn’t see where it was showed me how to test anything

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
I believe that Kevin meant to post this link.

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes that’s exactly what I was looking for I’ll put my Wiring harness Back on my motor and do that test and get back to Y’all with the test I do appreciate all the information

·
Super Moderator
26,764 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
All's good, I needed that one that you posted anyway for my collection.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I believe that Kevin meant to post this link.
Hey oh my connector it has one through 26 across the very bottom of it according to the one on the lake page it’s in two different rowsIs that diagram on the link page is that just a reference because mine looks nothing like that

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
The IDM is on the drivers side fender right where water can run into it.

The PCM is down on the kick panel

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All right then that’s the PCM not the IDM
All right I feel stupid it’s on the inside of the fender it’s right above the PCM all I had to do was look up because I got the fender wheel off
All right then that’s the PCM not the IDM
it’s actually 6 inches above my hand in that picture LOL and I do appreciate all y’all‘s help believe me I do

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
All right I feel stupid it’s on the inside of the fender it’s right above the PCM all I had to do was look up because I got the fender wheel off

it’s actually 6 inches above my hand in that picture LOL and I do appreciate all y’all‘s help believe me I do
I’ve done that tested everything checked out OK so does that mean is my Idm

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I’ve done that tested everything checked out OK so does that mean is my Idm
The auto parts is saying that mine is special order item that they don’t even know if they could be able to get it and it’s like four or 500 bucks I was told that my pressure sensor could be what’s causing this problem I don’t know whether that’s true or not I’ve got a little bit of residue inside the plug not much but a little bit

·
Premium Member
9,780 Posts
For a cheap IDM I would pick one up off of Ebay. Any IDM from a 95-2003 will work. Then if it takes care of your problem you can look at some of the more expensive ones if you want to.

I keep telling myself that I need to get one just for a spare but I always find something else to spend my money on.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The auto parts is saying that mine is special order item that they don’t even know if they could be able to get it and it’s like four or 500 bucks I was told that my pressure sensor could be what’s causing this problem I don’t know whether that’s true or not I’ve got a little bit of residue inside the plug not much but a little bit

1 - 20 of 27 Posts