The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whenever i press on the gas and my turbo spools it sounds like an alien whistling that the only way i know how to describe it, I have a riffraff 6637 and kc turbos balanced assembly put in it with jelibuilt hydra tunes. Anybody know what could be the cause?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Turbos make whistling noises.

·
Registered
349 Posts
So, I would be looking at the plumbing. If the turbo fins are good, then you may have a leak, or something lodged in the plumbing. It's not hard to make an adapter so you can pressurize the plumbing. Here's one example...I used a PVC cap and a schraeder valve.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Don't rule out the serpentine belt slipping, how long since it was new?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I would be looking at the plumbing. If the turbo fins are good, then you may have a leak, or something lodged in the plumbing. It's not hard to make an adapter so you can pressurize the plumbing. Here's one example...I used a PVC cap and a schraeder valve.
i also found out my turbo has in and out play which but i have brand new beatings in there.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Then something is worn in the turbo that the bearings can't fix. Maybe something rubbing inside is causing the noise?

·
Registered
2013 F350 lariat supercab shortbed in 2 tone
10 Posts
i had a 7.3 issue similar to this, turned out that the side to side shaft play allow the exhuast turbine to rub into its back plate, over time there was a good 16th of an inch of metal ground off the veins of the turbine...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts