The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you check out my most recent thread, I've explained that I have been having a rough idle when warm and miss while driving. I've ultimately come to the conclusion that I've got a a bad piston ring in the 3rd cylinder. 325k.

Therefore, i'm looking to purchase a reman engine. Quick research shows a couple options:

Factory Ford - my most comfortable choice, but they come with PMRs

Jasper Engines - local but not comfortable after research

Blackwater Engine - gives option to upgrade to forged rods but some negative reviews with warranty claims

Promar Engine - Also option to upgrade to forged but found these guys on eBay, so by default I'm already skeptical

Any other well reputable builders out there? Is there a guy to engines as what BTS is to transmissions?

·
Premium Member
7,934 Posts
One thing to consider is the warranty. For example any recurs is you flying to Virginia in their court system if you chose Blackwater. Their warranty details should be read, all companies.
The cracked head on you tube was a lifted cup,I discovered. The coolant ran straight under the cup into the cylinder. The owner insisted he torqued them. He may have been correct, if the cup was never seated all the way that 110 inch pound setting may have clicked indicating it was torqued. Now through heat and combustion pressure the lock tire is melting, pressure lifts....
Premature YouTube post.

It comes down to Blackwater didn't seat the injector cup all the way down or the owner did not torque the injector properly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts