The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed my fuel filter a few weeks ago and drove the truck tow town and back. Next morning truck wouldn't start.. Only way to get it started is to roll start it. Any help figuring out what's going on would be appreciated. Had no issues before changing filters..

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Is your filter sealed up properly? Did the glow plug controller fail at the same time?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The glow plug relay is still working. Everything works right it just never cranks. If I open the water seperator fuel pours out. If I pull start it with my other truck it runs fine but if it sits over night it'll never start back up.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Many other things could be going on.
Does it smoke when cranking?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello my buddy has a 93 7.3 idi stock ran then was parked now will not start cranks forever but no start. Replace fuel shut off,glow relay,fuel pump new starter. At a lost but it also never says wait to start does that mean something

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
That means it a fuel problem.
Probably need to do the return caps and lines.
Fuel heater could be leaking.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That means it a fuel problem.
Probably need to do the return caps and lines.
Fuel heater could be leaking.

I've put a new injector kit and lines in, new glow plugs, new glow plug relay, new batteries, new starter. Everything was perfect until I changed the filter.. It's not leaking around the filter and fuel comes out of the seperator, where else could I get this issue from? Like I said I can pull start it and drive it all day long no issues but if I shut it off and let it sit it will never fire back off just turns over forever

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
If as you said, the filter wrench won't t take filter off, you put it on too tight, that sometimes will distort the gasket and let air in. Always oil the gasket before installing.

Check your battery voltage. The connections may be corroded since it won't crank over fast enough to start. A rolling start cranks real fast creating enough cylinder heat to start.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I've put a new injector kit and lines in, new glow plugs, new glow plug relay, new batteries, new starter. Everything was perfect until I changed the filter.. It's not leaking around the filter and fuel comes out of the seperator, where else could I get this issue from? Like I said I can pull start it and drive it all day long no issues but if I shut it off and let it sit it will never fire back off just turns over forever
Shot gunning parts is NOT the way to repair ANYTHING. If it was running just fine, and starting just fine before the filter change, then LOOK AT THE MOST RECENT WORK DONE. change the fuel filter again. This time don't tighten it so tight, and see what happens. As Bill said, it won't hurt to check your battery terminals too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts