The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have to replace the #3 injector and wondering if i should farm out or give it a shot. A little concerned about the wire harness and how brittle it might be. What are other concerns, van specific and otherwise. Any tips in case I do go for it. How many hours should I expect to need to pay for if done in shop? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
If you are replacing # 3 I would do the entire Bank ( O-rings Not Injectors )....I bought the parts here ...http://k-mansparts.com/
Well I did it different ....because I am large.....especially my Hands..... But a shop quoted me 3000 bucks 8 yrs. ago....I did it in a weekend alone But I disconnected/ cleaned repaired everything and bought International Parts.....except for the Turbo Gasket set and the Turbo Pedestal O-rings with fasteners were cheaper from Ford....
Basically I Jacked the engine , Instead of removing the # 3 and # 5 Injector solenoid and Having to Re-Install them , I chose to Jack the engine.....I did what I could do alone....I found my Post on it.....http://www.thedieselstop.com/forums/f14/injector-o-ring-replacement-205113/

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
UGH, no funds and this aint looking so fun. Need back on road or would feel better about it. Any write ups anywhere? I can tear-down, change parts, etc but no claims to being a mechanic. Feel like i got it if i have a somewhat detailed guide.
Thanks Blageurt. You've opened my eyes a little and thats a good start.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Finally have gotten around to contacting k-mansparts re: 'O' rings. What parts specifically did you get from the International dealer? Thanks

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Valve Cover gaskets reusable if in good shape? Not sure if
I should order at $75/ea.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Personally I would change as much as your budget allows so you know there will be less weak links in your work.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeah, think i've decided to do the one injector; o-rings on the rest of that bank; new harness & valve cover gasket. Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Sorry I have been Shingling my cohones off.....no time to post...I bought the O-ring sets from International...(all 8) ...Good Luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts