The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys any help would be greatly appreciated as I am stuck in big bind at the moment. I have a 99 7.3 I bought from a guy. It had a blown head gasket and locked up turbo. We replaced the head gasket and put the motor back together. I had a garrett ball bearing turbo and delete pedestal off of my 2001 that I used instead of having to buy a new turbo. We couldn't get the truck to start so I did some research and found that the idm under the drivers side fender can go bad. So I swapped it with the idm off of my 200 . We got the truck to start and run. It with no power. I have over 600 psi oil pressure at the head. Seem to have fuel pressure. The truck is extremely hard to start after it has set for a few hours. Once I get it running. If it's in park it has throttle response and seems to run good. But if I put it in gear and try to drive. It has no power what so ever. Trys to die. Any help would be a blessing. As I can not afford to take it to a mechanic. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Bring the truck up to optimal temperature, park and chock the wheels, hold the peddle steady at 3k rpm. Look at the rpm needle, if it's chasing up and down you have a fuel problem.

When is the last time the fuel filter got change? How old is the fuel?

You can try unplugging the icp and see if it would run better.

How long did you ad it running after the first start total? It will take awhile to remove all air from the HPO system

Do you have a scanner? Any code?

If you can monitor icp and irp wouldbe good too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts