The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever plug an OBD2 reader in and the truck not start. Then if you plug it in with it running the motor quits. The scanner works on other vehicles. 2000 F450

·
Super Moderator
26,499 Posts
I had that happen with AE once or twice. Went to clear codes and it got really quiet. :| Never had a no-start though.

·
Registered
628 Posts
What code reader do you have. I've had that happen on a few very rare occasions when my scantool had a brain fart and was locked on another vehicle and or with the wrong key in place...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes I have mine did that when I replaced the icp and wiring pigtail. I found out I had pigtail wired wrong. Wired up correct way and then it would to koer and koeo test

·
Registered
452 Posts
My 99' 7.3 truck will shut off also when hooked up to my scan tool and will not start until I unplug it from the obd port. One time it ran for about 6 miles before it died on me (using a ELM327 wi-fi reader with Dash Command app on my iPhone)making a left hand turn on a busy highway. I unplugged it and it started right up. I won't try it again in my truck for safety reasons. Both scanners work great on my other vehicles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
4,341 Posts
My 99' 7.3 truck will shut off also when hooked up to my scan tool and will not start until I unplug it from the obd port. One time it ran for about 6 miles before it died on me (using a ELM327 wi-fi reader with Dash Command app on my iPhone)making a left hand turn on a busy highway. I unplugged it and it started right up. I won't try it again in my truck for safety reasons. Both scanners work great on my other vehicles.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I had the same issue of a WiFi Enabled OBD2 plug killing my engine. It was one that was advertised to work with the Apple iOS. There is a thread in here about similar experiences.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I read that some of the cheaper blue tooth usb thingys cause an interference with the pcm and sensors causing similar issues.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts