The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:ford:Hey guys I am new to this and was hoping for some advice.. I have a 2001 F250 with a DiabloSport Predator programmer that was put on like 4 years ago... I am having trouble with the truck shutting off randomly and then it turns back on right away.. sometimes it shuts off and I have to let it sit but other times I can drive it.. I don't know what to do.. I love my truck but I feel like this might break my pocket... please help.. I have 348K on it and it has been well taken care of.. any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
:ford:Hey guys I am new to this and was hoping for some advice.. I have a 2001 F250 with a DiabloSport Predator programmer that was put on like 4 years ago... I am having trouble with the truck shutting off randomly and then it turns back on right away.. sometimes it shuts off and I have to let it sit but other times I can drive it.. I don't know what to do.. I love my truck but I feel like this might break my pocket... please help.. I have 348K on it and it has been well taken care of.. any suggestions?
Start by replacing the CPS and/or checking for water in the connection.

Welcome to guzzle's CPS R&R Web Page<

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
You don't need a diagram. Just the link I posted.

·
Premium Member
2,442 Posts
CPS can cause those symptoms and often do also a loose or missing IPR solenoid nut can cause it. Sometimes, the IPR solenoid's just go bad themselves and act differently hot vs. cold and shut an engine down hot. I have had the same symptoms from both problems before, both are easy fixes.

·
Registered
490 Posts
going to have to go with Rammertide , change your cps. follow the link he has posted. my 03 did this in 2011 and left me stranded and would still crank in which a cps failure isn't supposed to re crank. we fought it for 2 weeks and it never left the driveway as we each ruled out cps but it is the first thing now that you check with that type of shut down and then re crank or a stall. good luck!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Does the problem happen when your wipers are set to intermittent? Watch out for aftermarket CPS's. Myself and others have discovered that aftermarket CPS's can cause the engine to shut-down during idle when wipers set to intermittent. When rolling down the road, this symptom is expressed as a hesitation or miss. At idle it will kill the engine. It's coincident with the wiper action starting, but only when set to intermittent. It could be something else, but if you're going to replace the CPS I'd be inclined to get the OEM part not aftermarket.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Can you get a code reader on it? It has to be a Ford specific one, or you can use FORScan and a OBD2 adapter. Instructions for that are here: FORScan/FORScan Lite How-To Thread
Also, when you purchased those sensors, did you get them from a reputable dealer, and are they FORD parts? There are a LOT of counterfeit parts floating around out there, and they are packaged in what look to be FORD packaging. I get my sensors from DieselORings or RiffRaff Diesel. No more bad sensors

Reactions: Flounder_Pounder
1 - 10 of 10 Posts