The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the forum. Great site and wonderful resource. Seems to be some really good info here.

Just purchased an old Chem Lawn Truck (2000 IHC 4700 LPX) and it was supposed to be a turn key truck with everything working as it should. It has 150000 mi and around 12K hours on the clock. Truck arrived last week and it is leaking Just about every fluid...oil, trans, steering, coolant, you name it.

We've narrowed down everything but it still seems to be leaking oil and trans fluid. Are these things known to leak? I was under the impression that these engines were supposed to be bullet proof..What can I expect and where should I look for the leaks..what are the hot spots if any.

Thanks in advance for any info.

·
Premium Member
15,122 Posts
They are bulletproof. They just like to mark their territory.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great Video (s)..the saga continues!

Great video's. Thanks for posting!

This truck has been both a huge burden and great learning experience. Since purchasing the truck last year Ive done the HPOP Seals, Oil Cooler O rings and gaskets, replaced a few fuel lines, PTO cover gasket, various hoses, and new injectors. Truck runs amazing! Not a speed demon for sure, but really feels strong and able to handle pretty much whatever we haul with it..

Still a small leak at the front cover but nothing major there. There does still seems to be something leaking into the valley. Did a major cleaning in there and hope to find the next leak soon! Im thinking its fuel, but there was so much oil on the engine from previous leaks that it was tough to tell.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts