The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this was a gas engine I wouldn't have a problem, but when it comes to diesel I even have trouble spelling it sometimes.
When cold the truck acts like its got 3 or 4 cylinders with a miss in it, but when it warms up it is no where as bad but you can still tell that it is missing. Using a snap-on Solus ultra I did a cly. contribution test and got codes 266 and 269 which is cylinders 2 and3. Was able to do a inj. buzz test and they showed good so now I'am lost on what to do or check. Need some advice on what to do. The truck has 228000 on it but I don't know any of the history of repairs done to it, we just bought it with a bad clutch and after replacing the clutch found this out. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Was buzz test done warm or cold? injectors may start firing after oil warms up. Mine passed buzz but 4 would not fire till oil was up to temp. Make sure all the wires are good going to the valve covers. make sure oil is full and new. Make sure fuel is clean and at proper pressure. Welcome to the stop!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts