The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 bone stock 7.3L with 210k miles. I want to put the following upgrades on it, do you have any advice?

Wicked wheel 2
4 inch turbo back exhaust, no muffler
6 position chip
3 a-pillar gauge set (egt, Trans temp, boost up to 35psi)

I also think my injectors are on the decline because in cold morning starts, the engine won't respond to the accelerator until it's warmed up. Immediately on start up, it will lope idle. I've read that this could be caused by worm poppet valve in the injector. Should I upgrade the injectors too?

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Don't forget a good intake. Your setup you have in mind will work great.

I would do some test before jumping changing injectors. Maybe get a good diagnostic tool like AE. That will help you figure out your issue.

I would also try to fix any issue before installing the chip or any other mod

A buzz test will give you a idea on the poppet wear

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
They are probably worn.

I would try a dose of 5w-40 synthetic oil and some archoil 9100.

It will get you some more life out of the injectors.

I'm at 260k on the originals and it runs great. Little noisier in the winter but no hesitation or smoke.

·
Premium Member
561 Posts
Sounds like typical worn injectors by your description, but you can run a cold buzz test to listen to each injector. They should all sound about the same, and should buzz pretty loud.

Your list of mods would work well. We can get you setup with those items if you are interested.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Probably throw in a fuel rail crossover w/regulated return; hutch mod with helper pump and filter; and as mentioned above a better intake and you'll be happy with it for a long time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts