The Diesel Stop banner

7.3L Wiring Schematic Printable, very handy.

584K views 48 replies 38 participants last post by  woodnthings8 
#1 ·
7.3L Wiring Schematic Printable, very handy.
Handy Wiring Diagram that shows a Paper Trail of how the Electrical System Works for the 7.3L Powerstroke Engines, all Trucks, Excursions, Vans.

It was a Copy I had to PhotoShop to make it Readable & Printable.

it's very detailed and shows how every wire for each component routes to the PCM.

Use the Page Setup Mac or Properties Win and Print the Image Orientation, click Landscape,
it will fit most of the page this way.

best,
Russ

See less See more
#2 ·
handy indeed. Now I just need an engine run + line for my hour meter... (shameless threadsteal)

#3 ·
Very helpful! thank you

MarcS

#4 ·
Here is a slightly different version more specific to the '02 models.

#5 ·
Good stuff, guys.

Moving into the 7.3L Engine & Drivetrain FAQ subforum so it doesn't fall off the radar.

#6 ·
Adding a PDF of this for downloading and printing along with basic DTC Code Diagnosis.:thumbsup:

Attachments

#7 ·
can someone post the stereo schematic, my posts seem to have disappeared, and I need it, bad. got my stereo wired, all works but the back speakers seem low on power. They sound muffled, and I have to put almost all power to the back to make it sound even, if I move it slightly to the fronts, they take over and drown the backs. Could this be reversed + and - on the backs. Fronts sound good, wires to back must be right as they are working on proper sides, but just sound weak. More bass like, fronts nice sound, more treble. Any ideas

#8 ·
as long as we are talking electrical i do not know if this is the right place to ask this, but in my 2002 f 350 7.3, i am having radio/power window problems. at any time, running down the road, engine running and parked, cold start, or any time my windows and radio go off. the clock display stays on, and i do not loose the memory. power may return at any time, 1 min to 1 day. i have changed the fuse panel, which worked for about 2 weeks, then problem returned. i have since tried ign sw, and moving/ replacing the acc delay relay, but problem persists. any thoughts on this??? even on a site like just answer, anyone that tries to fix it thinks about it then runs away. there are other posts on this site about the same problem. sorry for the long reply.

#10 ·
as long as we are talking electrical i do not know if this is the right place to ask this, but in my 2002 f 350 7.3, i am having radio/power window problems. at any time, running down the road, engine running and parked, cold start, or any time my windows and radio go off. the clock display stays on, and i do not loose the memory. power may return at any time, 1 min to 1 day. i have changed the fuse panel, which worked for about 2 weeks, then problem returned. i have since tried ign sw, and moving/ replacing the acc delay relay, but problem persists. any thoughts on this??? even on a site like just answer, anyone that tries to fix it thinks about it then runs away. there are other posts on this site about the same problem. sorry for the long reply.
Any luck finding the problem? My windows, radio, dome light, gauges stopped working. All fuses are good.

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
New Diagram for the '02 Boys

I have been playing around with some software and built up a single page wiring diagram for the '02 trucks. They are basically four separate pages I had which I morphed into one large page through Photoshop. I then used another program to color in the lines to make it a bit easier to follow. I also color coded sensors, switches, relays and modules alike to help in finding the different ones.

It should provide good information when troubleshooting and for the most part can be used for 99-03 trucks. The wires will be different colors and pin callouts will be wrong, but the major portion is similar. It will if anything give you the right idea to figure out "how it works"

I printed a copy out 24"x60" and it is nice, 36"x60" would also work well. Makes a great poster on the shop wall. Just take it to your local print shop and they will have no trouble doing it for you. It is large enough already, you will not loose any resolution.

The pdf is located on my website here: Woodnthings Wiring Diagram

And a picture of it to check out!

Enjoy!👍

#40 ·
New Diagram for the '02 Boys

I have been playing around with some software and built up a single page wiring diagram for the '02 trucks. They are basically four separate pages I had which I morphed into one large page through Photoshop. I then used another program to color in the lines to make it a bit easier to follow. I also color coded sensors, switches, relays and modules alike to help in finding the different ones.

It should provide good information when troubleshooting and for the most part can be used for 99-03 trucks. The wires will be different colors and pin callouts will be wrong, but the major portion is similar. It will if anything give you the right idea to figure out "how it works"

I printed a copy out 24"x60" and it is nice, 36"x60" would also work well. Makes a great poster on the shop wall. Just take it to your local print shop and they will have no trouble doing it for you. It is large enough already, you will not loose any resolution.

The pdf is located on my website here: Woodnthings Wiring Diagram

And a picture of it to check out!

Enjoy!👍
Is there a way I can print this out. We have a 2003 f250 7.3 diesel that turns over but want start. We have narrowed it down to a wiring issue. If you have this on your computer where you can email it could you send me a copy Please.
herringauto@yahoo.com I would greatly appreciate it

#14 ·
Mine has same problem, If i open the door and smack the side of the dash (the part that would be hidden by closed door) It seems to work again. Thus I am guessing the problem lies with a loose connection behind there. I think it may be the timer that controls the window and radio after you shut the key off but you still have the door closed. Its annoying but not annoying enough yet to rip the dash apart for me. Erich

#21 ·
It's conveniently located behind the radio...

#24 ·
I'm looking for the E99 wire diagram currently

#26 ·
My 2003 f350 7.3L had all these same problems (windows not working, stereo not working, truck would shut off on its own, glove box compartment light, dome light). It was the battery saver relay inside the instrument cluster. It is a non serviceable relay so I found a cluster on ebay with similar mileage and that fixed every one of those problems.

#29 ·
Wow lots of thread jacking going on here:nono:

#33 · (Edited by Moderator)
Too many things to list. Start with searching for cruise inop. Should find a list of things to check/pinpoint test

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#34 · (Edited by Moderator)
Check sensor on brake master cylinder also electric plug going to it mine has in line fuse.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.