The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I am in the market for a 7.3PS F350 in the 94-97 range. I know that the 99+ Power strokes are the ones that are highly sought after.

What are the major differences between the two? This truck would be my personal truck but I am going to make it work(towing, hauling etc)

Do I lose on anything major from picking the early year ranges?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
2,945 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Wait.... I always heard that the 94-97 were the sought after ones...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am looking at older power strokes as well. I looked at a 1995 and I could not hear the turbo when I gunned the engine. Are the turbos smaller in the older power stroke engines?

·
Registered
783 Posts
Coolfeet,

With the stock exhaust downpipe, cat, and stock intake, you'll probably never hear the turbo unless the engine is heavily loaded. With a better flowing aftermarket exhaust downpipe and intake set-up, you'll hear the turbo all the time.

Hope it helps,
K.N.

·
Premium Member
285 Posts
Only two differences

DieselRobert, I have been watching this thread to see if anyone would answer your question directly and since no one has yet...there really are only two main differences between the older ones and the newer, more desirable, highly sought after trucks. One, the awesome good looks (newer), and two, the lack of horsepower and torque (older). Other than that they are pretty much the same. :jester:

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Vanity and Greed are 2 of the deadly sins......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Coolfeet,

With the stock exhaust downpipe, cat, and stock intake, you'll probably never hear the turbo unless the engine is heavily loaded. With a better flowing aftermarket exhaust downpipe and intake set-up, you'll hear the turbo all the time.

Hope it helps,
K.N.
thanks, as I need to educate myself more about the psd. I am looking for and extended e350 van.

·
Registered
741 Posts
No wonder my kids kept asking why they can't hear turbo at all. I just shrugs because I am deaf and can't hear anything. :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts