The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Brakes overheated after realizing their ebrake was left on let them cool still had brakes but the power boost was not working properly so I end up changing a power steering pump because of the power steering pump failure thought I would fix the problem I now have power steering but still have no brakes I'm at a loss don't know what else any suggestions also I have already bled the hydroboost system but don't but don't know if I did it long enough or good enough

·
Premium Member
14,693 Posts
Make sure you have sufficient fluid in the reservoir of the power steering pump and then run the steering wheel from one side all the way to the other and back a few times. I do this with the wheels off the ground. Also, did you use transmission fluid and not power steering fluid in the system? Power steering fluid will not work.

There is actually no way that overheating rear brakes would affect the power steering pump or hydroboost. It would do the most damage to the rear calipers and could have possibly damaged the master cylinder. I would rebuild or replace the rear calipers (they're old anyway) and see what happens, then go for the master cylinder if that doesn't fix it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Make sure you have sufficient fluid in the reservoir of the power steering pump and then run the steering wheel from one side all the way to the other and back a few times. I do this with the wheels off the ground. Also, did you use transmission fluid and not power steering fluid in the system? Power steering fluid will not work.

There is actually no way that overheating rear brakes would affect the power steering pump or hydroboost. It would do the most damage to the rear calipers and could have possibly damaged the master cylinder. I would rebuild or replace the rear calipers (they're old anyway) and see what happens, then go for the master cylinder if that doesn't fix it.
Thanks my husband said come fix his truck lol he's had it his truck baby got sabotaged and someone cut his wires going to relay lol he's about ready to call it quits lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts