The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, on my fuel filter housing the return line fitting next to the schrader valve is where I was told to put a clear hose to watch for air bubbles. I removed the fitting and I believe it is supposed to be a check valve isn't it ? mine seams to flow both directions, if anyone can verify this info and let me know where to get a new fitting let me know. thanks. also, I haven't been able to find any clear fuel line at stores. what did you use?

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, anyone else have info about the fuel fitting?

· Premium Member
61 Posts
what stanadyne designed was while they had already filtered fuel up at the engine and recycle it through the system so it would not go back to the tank and then pumped back up to be filtered again. This idea works great until the truck gets a air leak in the return lines and then you have a starting problem. THE ONLY CHECK Value is on the top of the pump. most of the time when we rebuild pumps this check valve shows little wear, but we still replace them, due to the fact that the ball inside of the check valve is plastic and sometimes show some wear. Spend less than 40 dollars and replace your return lines. they come with all of the plastics, orings, clamps, and line. i am guessing that your are having hard to start problems?

· Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks, I replaced all lines and will have batteries in soon, will see how it goes.

· Premium Member
61 Posts
on the batteries the biggest mistake people make is not putting at least 800 CCA (cold cranking amps) batteries. and you can not just replace one with a higher cranking amp, they need to match.

· Registered
121 Posts
That is a check valve on the filter housing, mine did the same thing. Anytime it gets below freezing or is parked nose up on a incline it starts, runs 5 seconds, dies, horrible time restarting. "dieselmann" (one the members here) sells the part. Ford can get it as well, but they have a hard time finding the part number.

· Registered
12,232 Posts
Visit........ Ford diesel 6.9 7.3 IDI for the right check valve as per return line hose size....

7.3 Fuel filter orifice/check valve; 3/16" E8TZ-9K061-A7.3

Fuel filter orifice/check valve; 1/4" E9TZ-9K061-A7.3

Fuel filter orifice--1/4"--spring and check ball F2TZ-9K061-A

1 - 9 of 9 Posts