The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
fuel tank strap broke and I'm in Kingston NY. any good 7.3 mechanics.

·
Registered
649 Posts
couple of good ratchet straps should get you home

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope hole in tank. never heard it fall.

·
Premium Member
9,598 Posts
It isn't going to take a good mechanic, just someone that can replace or repair the tank and just about any automotive shop should be able to do that.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hole in tank and strap broke?
When I worked on the mod for the fuel tank I changed out the tank straps with new ones just to make sure.
They looked to be in good shape but was not taking any chances.
As for a hole in the tank, what did you run over that flipped up to hit the tank?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Look up "Diesel Mafia of New York" on facebook and post in there, I believe they have a few members in Kingston. I know they are suppose to have a meet tonight.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
How bad is hole? Big glob of RTV sealant and gorilla tape to get you home?

Tank is plastic, Harbor Freight sells some plastic repair kits.... depends how comfortable you are using a soldering iron on your fuel tank. Can generally put a cigarette out in diesel but who knows.

http://www.harborfreight.com/catalogsearch/result?q=plastic+welder

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it's repaired and off to a new owner. I had to do it. truck was getting pretty ratty looking (cab corners bubbling, holes in bed etc). I lost a weeks worth of work and I'm already behind on jobs. I traded it for a Duramax ltz Crew long. sorry guys. it's been a nice ride. just time for something new. I have loved my past three fords but the newer interior styling doesn't appeal to me at all. I even looked at a 2013 lariat edition with roof etc. as cool looking as it is I just don't see me liking the interior long term.

·
Registered
447 Posts
you could still give us reports on the duramax.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts