The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I was almost home from an hr drive when it stalled and died. Took a minute to start back up and idled rough and barely made it home and died. Cranks and cranks to start and when it starts it idles real rough and has inconsistent throttle response and then it dies even if your are mashing on the accelerator. Please help!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Check the lift pump output. It should be between 4 and 7 PSI, and have a good strong flow when disconnected from the filter.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Fill one tank and use that. If it keeps running, your pickup has broken off in that tank or possible both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's what I was thinking was the pickup came off or I have air in the line. I made the rookie mistake of running the front tank way too low be fore switching. If it is the pickup I'll have to drop that tank correct?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
That's what I was thinking was the pickup came off or I have air in the line. I made the rookie mistake of running the front tank way too low be fore switching. If it is the pickup I'll have to drop that tank correct?
We've all made mistakes like that, we just hope no one is watching when it happens again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts