The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first post, I've found myself in a predicament of trying to finish a truck project in time to move 4 hours away next week. Prior to building and replacing the engine, the transmission worked fine (5 months ago). But being as it is a performance build and the factory efi wouldn't support the power, I installed an aftermarket EFI system with an MSD Atomic TCM to control the transmission. While it sat without the hood, the dipstick was a little open and I know some water had to of gotten in it but I have replaced the fluid and the level is correct. I should also note that I installed a new hughes billet torque converter. After the initial set up of the tcm, I shifted the transmission into gear and nothing. I can rev it to 5000 and nothing happens. It will roll in neutral. I haven't checked line pressure yet. One note is that I haven't been able to calibrate the TPS on the TCM and it doesn't read my RPMs like it should, but I feel like it should still move in reverse and first gear at least..

· Premium Member
15,498 Posts
Are you sure the tq engaged the pump? If not, the pump is probably destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
1999 ford f250
159 Posts
Are you sure the tq engaged the pump? If not, the pump is probably destroyed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh I hope not for his sake but thats what it sounds like unfortunately. ☹

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, so I pulled the trans cooler line at the radiator with it running. Had a lot of pressure, my face caught most of it. I added more fluid. I dont really get what the issue could be. When I put it in gear, it doesn't move or anything but when I put it back in park it makes a clicking noise like a timer going and then it speeds up and goes back into gear

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
goes back into park. Like its slipping back into park. I know I'm in gear electronically at least because my msd controller tells me what gear I'm in. I can't feel it going into gear though

· Super Moderator
9,138 Posts
There is no such thing as going into gear electronically. The controller is probably telling you what gear it has told the transmission to be in. It has no way to measure what gear it is actually in.

Is this a 4x4? If so, does the truck roll in park, or does park hold it?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.