The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch slave cylinder keeps failing on my 93’ f350. Theres a single mass south bend clutch and flywheel in the truck for towing. Anybody got some input on aftermarket clutch slave cylinders out there?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Are you buying the slave/master pre bled, or are you getting the slave and bleeding it? If you're getting the slave and bleeding it, tie the plunger back fully depressed, open the bleeder screw and let it hang by the line until you see fluid running out in a steady stream, then tighten the bleeder, put it on and release the plunger. It might be that you still have some air trapped in the slave. Over the years I've used all different brands, and they haven't been a problem for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought clutch master cylinder and slave separate for around $90. From Napa, they had the pre-bleed kit in stock but it was over $200. I’ve been able to bleed slave and get the tranny into gear . My problem is that the slave keeps blowing seals. Clutch pedal is pretty stiff after the south bend single mass clutch in the truck. Maybe a heavy duty slave could solve the problem possible?

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
It sounds like you need to get a slave to match the pressure plate spring pressure

1 - 4 of 4 Posts