The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so new to this forum but i have a 7.3 obs and recently on my way home the truck stalled making a turn. Well tried both tanks ect ect no fuel in bowl replaced fuel pump truck started ran next day drove it to work i cracked a return line leaked fuel everywhere but go me home so i got new return lines and after that every time when the truck is hot and im driving once it goes below 1k rpms while braking it stalls out and dies like i turned the key off. So logically i started researching and read about cps going bad so i went to ford got one installed it drove it same thing when the truck dies it will immediately start back up if you try. now after that i read o its the ipr so replaced the ipr aswell as valve cover gaskets glow plugs while i was there ect thats that all golden removed my chip and IT STILL STALL WHEN YOU STOP! finnaly started unpluggin things and when i unplugged the ICP it idles and runs rough but it dosent stall is the Hpop going bad or was the ipr misreading? Thanks for any help or insight you are able to provide :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
My First guess after the IPR would have been the ICP sensor

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see what i don;t get is with the icp plugged in it runs as it should until the rpms drop and the ipc is less then 4 months old put in there by the ford dealer i figured unpluggin the ipc ment no matter what the real hpop pressure was it would still run normally but might just try new ipc

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update tried to drive it to work this morning and after 10 minutes or so and my 3rd stop it stalled so had to ride has and brake the rest of the way to work to stop it as long as the rpms don't drop she's happy

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
How many miles on the truck, new injectors? I had a similar issue with worn injectors where it would die when coming to a stop. Replaced injectors and worked perfect. Sent in old ones for cores and they said they were wore out. Also, if you can find someone to pull the codes and run some diagnostics on the injectors will tell you a lot.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The truck has 312k miles on it and I'll try to see if any codes can be pulled or take the injectors to get tested and if they turn out bad I gusse they are going to rosewood stage 2s incoming haha

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Where do you live?
Might also add a signature with details of your truck. This helps everyone see what work had been done, mileage, etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maryland and yea ment to add it but fell asleep

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
Automatic or manual transmission? If it's automatic, have you tried shifting to neutral before stopping, to see if it stays running?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Auto haven't swapped to nuterual but it will also cut out if I play with it in park

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
The best way to stop a PSD is to remove oil pressure .THere are at least 8 things that can do that .

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea starting to hate that fact these are the times I wish I would have just bought a old 12 valve haha

·
Registered
783 Posts
The best way to stop a PSD is to remove oil pressure .THere are at least 8 things that can do that .

I like this reply the best ;)

To the OP: I think what action4478 is trying to tell you is that more testing/troubleshooting is needed, otherwise you are pretty-much shooting in the dark.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea it's at the shop now getting codes pulled and running pressure test on fuel and oil pressure along with injectors

·
Premium Member
8,138 Posts
Yea it's at the shop now getting codes pulled and running pressure test on fuel and oil pressure along with injectors
See if they can print the data from the scanner for you when it quits .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts