The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, on the one two shift my tranny died in my '95 F350. I bought the truck used about 20k mi ago. I think it has a chip, it will run right along with my 04 dodge cummins. swapped in a tranny out of a '96 with a fresh rebuild, now I have a flashing od light. Are these two trannies compatible, or do I need to swap the ecm's out if I didn't have a shift kit in the '96. Any help would be great. TIA

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any help at all?

·
Registered
818 Posts
maybe give people a little bit of time to reply. the people that know a lot usually reply at night. but from what i know they should swap. and no you do not need to swap pcms or ecms. do you have a way to pull the code?

anthony

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can take to a shop and get the code pulled. I don't have a way to pull it myself. Sorry for my impatience. My guy took it to a shop, he pulled a faulty relay code, and a TCC code. The tech seemed to think he cleared a blockage in the cooler, and solved the problem. Clearly that wasn't the case. Thanks for any help. TIA

·
Registered
818 Posts
give racerx a call. he is really good on helping. his number is on his site Racer X Automotive
he has helped me out a lot.

anthony

·
Registered
508 Posts
Flashing OD light is for a slipping or failing torque converter. Did you install a new tc when you swapped the tranny?

Good Luck
Midwestman

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did nnot install a ne TC when i swapped. It was a fresh rebuild, maybe 35k on it. Wouild you still recomend the new TC>

·
Registered
818 Posts
Flashing OD light is for a slipping or failing torque converter. Did you install a new tc when you swapped the tranny?

Good Luck
Midwestman
that is not always the case. it could be a failed clutch pack as well. will the truck lock or does it just slip? also are all the wires connected?

anthony

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The truck locks and works well, then for no apparent reason unlocks. I do have a temp gauge that seems to go up and down. looks like a sticky thermostat. Will the fluctuation in temp cause a problem?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was going off my guy's word who has been driving it. No, no TCC lockup.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts