The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 96 7.3 I’ve put injectors glow plugs hpop lift pump ipr oil pressure switch camshaft valve cover gasket batties fully charged idm eehausy back pressure and it will not start fuel filter cleaned the fuel bowl out the fuel bowl fills up and it’s got pressure up too I’m just confused on wat the problem could be I also went through the fuses changed relays I’m clueless

·
Administrator
27,240 Posts
Please don't use starting fluid. It could damage your engine or you.
I'll move this to the proper forum and the guys there can possibly help you.

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
Start with the basics:
Is the oil level good in the pan?
Is the oil level good in the HPOP reservoir?
What's the fuel pressure when cranking? Minimum is 25 psi at 100 rpm minimum crank speed.
Any white smoke out the tailpipe when cranking?
Is the CEL illuminated?
Does the Wait-to-Start light come on?
Are there any modifications to the truck such as a tuner or chip?

Cheers!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven’t really checked the H pump reservoir because I’m not sure how to check it but on the fuel pressure it’s running about about 25 the wait to start light comes on I don’t know what the CEl illuminate it isThere’s no white smoke when it cranks its 3/4 on the dip stick for oil it’s all stock rn I got bigger injectors ready and a chip but I’m focused on getting it running again it was running terrible before this problem like it would take a lot of tries to start the run down the road and it loses power then dies but the injectors or new in it

·
Registered
11,055 Posts
You can check the HPOP reservoir by removing the inspection plug on the top of the reservoir (rectangular box on the top front of the engine). The CEL is the Check Engine Light. not sure what you meant by the dipstick being 3/4, but if it's low at all fill it to full. Cheers!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Obviously if ether works it is a fuel problem...

Reactions: bismic
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.