The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my 96 F250 for 2 years now and it has 370k miles on it. I started having issues with it about a month ago with hard starts and rough idle both in cold and warmer temperatures along with a burnt electrical smell. As I got to looking around I found that the wiring to the valve cover was burnt. Hooked it up to my scan tool and did a injector buzz test and I had a few fail along with read the values of my ICP and IPR. Long story short I decided to replace the entire lot and freshen up that part while I had it torn down. So new injectors, glow plugs, ICP, UVCH's, IDM, starter and batteries. Got it all together and it drove great. About 55-60 mph CEL P1211. Get home and order the HPOP and IPR. Everything is back together and the truck ran great for about 5 mins then the rough idle and no throttle response. The truck stalled out and was hard to start for a handful of mins. The only code I ever got was the p1211. CPS maybe but I'm not sure, any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
What is the complete definition for P1211 on that engine? What scantool are you using to read codes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts