The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone,
I have a 96 f250 with the 7.3 turbo diesel with the E4OD trans and I need to replace all of the u-joints in my front driveshaft plus the centering yoke in the cardan joint. I am having trouble with finding u-joints because there are so many options that it could be and I even called ford and they couldnt really tell anything because I would have to go there and look at their diagram to make sure it is the right one. its got the ford service F1TZ-4A376-B front driveshaft in it. I got a couple u-joints from napa #434 and they dont really look right to me. Anyone have the right information on what u-joints I need? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Look up the parts for an F350 of the same year. The double cardan front driveshaft was the result of a voluntary recall when any F250 was brought in to Ford for front driveshaft vibrations. They used the same front shaft that the F350 came with from the factory for this recall.

They are Spicer 1350 series ujoints (same as the non-double cardan shaft uses BTW as well as the rear driveshaft). These really shouldn't be hard to find for a decent parts counter guy. Spicer part # is 5-1350X

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Solution

I ended up going back to napa and asked for u-Joints for an F350 and the u joints were too big. I then cleaned the caps on my old joints and came up with a spicer number which was then crossed to a precision part number. The end result was two different u joints which are: two u-joints that are at each end up the drifeshaft that attach to the axle and transfercase yoke precision #434 and for the inside joint in the cardan joint precision# 433. I also came up for precision #617 for the cardan joint that centers the joint.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
How strange. I have a 97 F250 with a '92 F350 front axle and CV driveshaft. All three of the ujoints are the same and match the rear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts