The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so yesterday I installed a ts6 chip 75-140hp in my 97 f350 5speed with 330k miles, it currently has a wicked wheel compressor wheel, 3367 air breather, inner cooler, 3in down pipes, and 4in exhaust........... I ran it around in 50-75hp setting last night. this morning on the way to work I put it in the 140hp setting while on the highway when I got to work I noticed a oil leak (I haven’t had a oil leak since I’ve had the truck) oil seams to be coming from the top side on the back of the engine, dripping from the check plate at the bottom of the bell housing also running down the transmission from the top side little bit behind the shifter. On the way home I left it in the 75hp setting and didn’t really notice any oil dripping. I’m wondering if it has to do with the hpop being demanded more pressure to supply more fuel to the injectors? maybe a leak in a hpop line or something? I don’t know all that much about the 7.3s

·
Registered
70 Posts
First off you didn't mention anything about having any gauges. If you are going to do stuff like what you are doing to the poor old girl you at least need a pyro gauge. Without one an oil leak is soon to be the least of your worry's.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First off you didn't mention anything about having any gauges. If you are going to do stuff like what you are doing to the poor old girl you at least need a pyro gauge. Without one an oil leak is soon to be the least of your worry's.
It currently has boost and egt gauges. Everything other than the ts6 chip has been on the truck for 10+ years including a banks chip I found when installing the ts6.

anyways after running in the 75hp setting home yesterday, this morning there was not a drop of oil on the ground. I am now thinking turbo pedestal seals are leaking when under the higher pressure demanded by the 140hp setting. I checked the valley for oil and it was pretty clear so that kind ruled out the hpop being the issue.

·
Registered
10,626 Posts
The regular lube oil pressures wouldn't change using a chip (which the pedestal uses). If, as you mentioned the valley is dry, you might take a look at the HP Oil Rail End Plugs on the back side of each head. Cheers!

·
Registered
70 Posts
I was not trying to burn you up on the gauges. Glad that you have them, but you said at the end of your original post that you were not very familiar with the 7.3. I have watched to many people ruin good trucks around by me by not properly doing things.
I believe that Patrick is on to your problem. I myself need to climb around under and over mine and find my small oil leak.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The regular lube oil pressures wouldn't change using a chip (which the pedestal uses). If, as you mentioned the valley is dry, you might take a look at the HP Oil Rail End Plugs on the back side of each head. Cheers!
D
I was not trying to burn you up on the gauges. Glad that you have them, but you said at the end of your original post that you were not very familiar with the 7.3. I have watched to many kids ruin good trucks around by me by not properly doing things.
I believe that Patrick is on to your problem.
No worries i didn’t take it like that, My skin is like cowhide anyways lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts