The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve used this forum a lot in the past for general diagnosis info but this is my first time actually posting. My 97 f350 7.3 (single cab long bed 5spd) has had a stutter issue that’s been kicking my ass for several years now since I bought the truck. I initially tried to figure it out when I first bought it but eventually gave up since It isn’t terrible, it’s is definitely noticeable tho and at this point I’m sick of the power loss and fuel economy I believe I’m loosing. When accelerating hard id say from idle to 2250 rpms, it will start to get up and go then stutter and loose some power like it’s struggling to get fuel for maybe 7 seconds before clearing up and returning to normal. It has a edge tuner (just the basic dial switch mounted on the dash) it had a ts6 position before the edge tuner and had the same issue then. The tuners both added a little power but it never black smoked at all even on the highest setting (not that I want it too just using this as another example of it seeming like a fuel issue to me) and stutters worse on higher settings. I’ve done all the basic **** fuel filter air filter cleaned fpr screen hell even tried fuel additive and no change. Unplugged map sensor and still no change in how it runs. I almost doubt it’s a part going bad since it’s been the same for going on 3 years now and hasn’t gotten any worse that I’ve noticed. No issues starting or idling even when starting below freezing in the snow. Any help would be much appreciated I’m about out of ideas at this point.

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
I have no tuner, and I've recently noticed something similar, but only when the pedal is to the floor. If I let up even slightly, it goes back to smooth acceleration.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts