The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does the pcm come out of an obs? I've looked online and can only find how to for superdutys I've had the e brake off, wiring harness off, fender well off, and the pcm was unbolted but I could not get it to come out, is it supposed to come through the cab or under the hood?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I put a DP Tuner chip in my '97. Here are their instructions. They show the bolt removal and prying out the inner fender slightly. It's exactly what I had to do. (Only I didn't use a broomstick.)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! I'll try again in the morning I had the connector off and the pcm unbolted I just could tell how to pull it out it didn't seem to move any direction

·
Registered
168 Posts
Thanks! I'll try again in the morning I had the connector off and the pcm unbolted I just could tell how to pull it out it didn't seem to move any direction
It'll pull out straight toward the front end of the truck. But you'll wind up lacking an inch or two of getting it all the way out. It'll hit the plastic inner fender and that's why you have to flex it a little. You'll get just enough room to slide it out.

·
Registered
168 Posts
If you had the inner fender out, should have been a ton of room to pull it. I don't understand how it could be frozen in there. Are both bolts and the rubber boot off? I remember having a little bit of trouble getting at the bottom bolt, which was another reason to flex the inner fender down and out of the way.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any luck on this? How did you get it out? I am having the same problem. It is seized in the bracket. Cant even pry it out from the inside. Aerokroiled all around it too but no dice. I'm not a weakling either :lol:

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I had a similar issue with my '94 a week or two back. I had the inner fender unbolted but couldn't get it to budge so I unbolted the park brake assembly and swung it out of the way. Then I used a rubber handled hammer as a punch that I held against the pcm and tapped on that hammer lightly with a larger hammer and it came right out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts