The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several years ago, I bought an aftermarket air intake system from a member who was in Washington state I believe. I have no information on the big round air cleaner that came with the system, and I need to replace it. Does anyone know who this was that had the systems, or have information on a replacement for the air cleaner. TIA

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
You purchased it from Dale Isley at TYMAR Performance, I am sure that he is still in the business. 509-922-8785

The filter is a Donaldson # B085011 but a Baldwin # PA2818 also works. The last time that I bought a couple of them I just googled it and bought a couple from the cheapest place.

·
Premium Member
8,608 Posts
The NAPA 6637 does not repel water like the Donaldson and Baulwin filters do.

The NAPA is also more expensive from what I have found.

·
Super Moderator
6,332 Posts
List of part numbers I have from long ago, may offer some options.

Air filter part numbers for homebuilt open element filter system

“A” media (standard)

Baldwin PA2818
Donaldson B085011
Fleetguard AH-1141
Fram CA6818
NAPA 6637
Wix 46637

“B” media (high moisture)

Baldwin PA3867
Donaldson B085046
Fleetguard AH19002

Dave / Believer45

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I didn't think the OP was searching for a cheapest price, its why I posted the NAPA 6637, simply walk into a local NAPA store and purchase vs online ordering.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Long time ago when I bought my intake off Dale I was lead to believe that the Donaldson B085011 was water resistant and fine for the open element application. I have never had any issues in the 4 or so of them I have gone through. However, it is time to restock and after seeing the A List vs. B List I think the next batch will be B085046.
Thank you for posting that Dave.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Yeah, I've been running the Tymar open air filter kit with the Donaldson B085011 filter for many years now. It's reassuring to be able to eyeball the filter to make sure it's still in tact and not eaten by mice etc.

The OEM air filter box had issues that damaged some engines by allowing unfiltered air into the engine. Although I installed the new bolts on the air filter box that Ford supplied in a recall related to that problem, I never trusted it. The Tymar solved all that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts