The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I am working on a 97 cali truck 4WD Auto that has a 95 engine transplant in it for a friend. The truck ran with the MME2 computer but had issues. I tried to re-pin the harness to work with a 97 TDE0 coded pcm which He had. I used the re-pin information i found on this site and was not sure if the removal of pin 24 and tying it into pin 91 pin applies since the truck is a 97 and I did not move that pin yet. The glow plugs cycle and the engine cranks but does not run. When cranking the engine the rpm gauge does not move. Any help would be Great!

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Per another member who actually did a DPC312 to DPC 202 swap (Bill McIntire), you don't need to remove pin 24 and tie it into pin 91 (just leave pin 24 as is). When I originally gathered the information it was from EVTM to EVTM differences only and that part was always a question in my mind if it needed to be done. Cheers!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
97 cali truck with 95 motor help

Hi Patrick, Thank you for your response to the post. I am not sure why the truck won't start. The truck ran but not right, before the re-pin. I am going to double check the resin to make sure I followed the process right. I do not know if the TDE0 PCM is good or not. Thanks again for your help!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Patrick, update on the re-pin, I had put the pin for the CPS in the wrong location and had not removed the power takeoff pin from harness. Truck fired up and runs Great now. I did not tie pin 24 to pin 91, as you said it seems not to be important. Thanks again for your Help!!!! Matt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts