The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was coming home this evening and the truck just quit running. I suspected the CPS, but when I opened the hood there was oil all over the components on top of the engine. I assume its not running because of a loss of oil pressure. There was enough oil around that I could really tell where it had come from. It seemed like it may have come from a sensor right up on top front of the engine with what looks like a steel oil line going to it. Does this sound like something any of you have heard of before? Any advice on how to figure out the problem?

·
Premium Member
8,862 Posts
Sounds like you broke a high pressure oil line. You are going to have to clean it up the best that you can, replace the lost oil and crank it over to see if you can see where it is coming from. In order to restart your truck you might need to refill the crank case along with the HPOP (high pressure oil pump).

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a MAJOR oil leak somewhere under what i think is the HPOP. It quit because it ran low on oil.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its not the sensor. Is there a tutorial for removing the hpop on this site?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do I have to take the fuel filter housing loose to get the hpop out? Are there any cautions or things I should be careful about?

·
Registered
699 Posts
Do I have to take the fuel filter housing loose to get the hpop out? Are there any cautions or things I should be careful about?
Guess you found an answer... but yes filter housing needs to be removed. Don't drop the gear bolt down in the front cover! :thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts