The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to the forum and have recently found that the motor in my 1999 F350 7.3 XLT 4x4 Automatic has had the seals blown and its not holding pressure. Oil is everywhere.

I've been pricing the rebuild kits, injectors, and other parts, but I need to know just how bad of a job is it to rebuild one of these engines. Are there any sites that list out the process (diagrams would be awesome), or "tricks", for these rebuilds?

This truck was purchased for farm use and trailer hauling, so I'm not looking to get an insane amount of HP or anything. That being said, I don't want to scrimp. What is one of the better/best brands to go with for seals, gaskets, etc?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
First verify where the oil leak is. The engine probably doesn't need a rebuild, if the hpo system has a bad enough leak it won't build enough pressure to run. The injectors are oil fired.

Once you get it running check compression by taking the oil fill cap off and flip it over. If it vibrates off your good if it blows off you have compression issues.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts