The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 99 f350 crew cab is a rot box- it has a utility box on the back in great shape- drivetrain is excellent- I got a good deal on a 99%complete crew cab including front fenders hood grill and hlights there is no rust at all. I want to put my 99 under it- what do I need to know especially electrical-wise - really don't want to set off an airbag wiring blindly. Will the 10 cluster work with the 99? Any *good knowledgeable* input is needed - I'm def in over my head with this one and was going to part out the 99 come January until I found this body

·
Super Moderator
26,503 Posts
I don't think there's any way the electrical system from the '10 truck will work with your '99, Even '02's and later are different than '99-'01 trucks electrically. The sheet metal should be no problem, but you'd have to strip all the electrical from both trucks and swap it over. The instrument cluster from your '99 probably won't bolt into the dash for the '10. For sure the PCM from the '10 won't run a 7.3L.

I think there's a lot of work ahead for you if you attempt it. Not to say it can't be done, but ...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that's what I was fig I'd have to use all the 99 electrical -I knew the pcm wouldn't run 7.3 and figured the cluster wouldn't work. The whole point was for the sheet metal so I guess I'll b switching everything

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What about radio? My 99 does not work would like to use as much of 10 dash as possible - 10 air bag wire into 99?

·
Super Moderator
26,503 Posts
Radio shouldn't be a huge problem. Don't know about the grille, but I'd definitely avoid modifying the frame. Doubt that would really be necessary.

You'll need wiring diagrams for both the '99 and the '10 trucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts