The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed new water pump yesterday, when completed turned key, cranks fine but no start with no wts light. All fuses check good except fuses 1,3,5,7,9, and 11 have no power when key is on. There is also no ground signal from pcm to gpr. Would really appreciate some help here.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Double check that all pigtails are properly plugged in. Not really sure what you would've bumped or unplugged around the water pump that would be causing all this but you either unplugged something or the issues are unrelated and simply coincidental...

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
fuel bowl heater fuse located under the hood....#30 or #19 see your specific fuse layout on the cover.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Check to see that you didnt bump the plastic electrical connector that sticks out of your ICP sensor, on the oil rail near the front of the engine. In my case, I snapped it off, but not completely, so that it was hard to tell that it was broken. It actually did start and run for a while with "Check Engine Light" on (engine will run with ICP disconnected at the default oil pressure), but ended up burning up the PCM, and at that point, I got not CEL, no WTS, no signal to GPR and no start. Took a new ICP and rebuilt PCM to fix.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Installed new water pump yesterday, when completed turned key, cranks fine but no start with no wts light. All fuses check good except fuses 1,3,5,7,9, and 11 have no power when key is on. There is also no ground signal from pcm to gpr. Would really appreciate some help here.
You may have a fuse failure in the Power Distribution box under the hood. Check your owners manual or on line and see which one(s) feeds those smaller fuses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts