The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am running a 01 PCM in my 99. The idle quality is a bit off, but it has fantastic power and throttle response. Single shot injectors vs split shots. Is this going to cause any other issues? Reading a bit more, are the early 98 Superduty 7.3 injectors split shots?

·
Super Moderator
26,510 Posts
Unless Canada is different, there is no Model Year '98 Superduty. Ford went from '97 models directly to '99 models. If you meant early '99 7.3L's they had split shot injectors, but slightly lower fuel capacity than the '99.5s. I don't believe you can run an early '99 PCM in a later model, but can possibly go the other way. For the '99.5s, the BARO sensor got built into the PCM, but was an external component on the earlier models.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry I meant an early 99. Goes like a scalded rabbit with the PMT2 PCM compared to the XLE4 that the truck came with. I know the early motor doesnt have the air intake heater the later ones do. Thanks for your help. I have put a few thousand km on the truck since swapping out the PCM and other than the idle can be a bit more lumpy, its 100% better than the original computer.

·
Premium Member
2,197 Posts
Not sure but I think you can get that PCM tuned for the e99 witch will fix your problem (I think)

Where are you located. Can you get a other PCM from a e99 for your truck?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Php can reflash your pcm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts