The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99e f250 had trans rebuilt, n ever since od light flashing n limp mode. Now so bad as soon as i put in any gear it stalls. Starts n runs great until u put in gear. Changed solenoid, abs speed sensor, n sensor on top of tranny. Trans fluid was dark when i dropped pan. Was thinking torque converter or trans shop didn't do ****! Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
11,898 Posts
Before changing ANY parts read the codes. If you're just guessing you are going to waste a lot of money and still have the problem.

You can download Forscan at www.forscan.org. You'll need an ELM327 adapter to plug into the OBDII port. I bought one on Amazon for less than $30.

And there is no sensor on top of an early '99 transmission. The later '99 transmissions have one, but not the early ones.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Before changing ANY parts read the codes. If you're just guessing you are going to waste a lot of money and still have the problem.

You can download Forscan at www.forscan.org. You'll need an ELM327 adapter to plug into the OBDII port. I bought one on Amazon for less than $30.

And there is no sensor on top of an early '99 transmission. The later '99 transmissions have one, but not the early ones.
Mine is early n does have sensor. Also hooked up my predator for codes n that's y i replaced those. Can't seem to figure it out. Even replaced shifter w/od light. But thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts