The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a strange one for me... AC switch works on high and all other speeds blow low, but they blow. I replaced the resistor with Motor Craft, blower switch replaced behind the climate control center. New compressor, new dryer, new orifice tube. What could be causing this? 2002 F350 7.3 4x4. I have a valve that shuts off the supply to my heater core as well. I can't figure out what else could be controlling the blower speed. Any ideas or help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Since the fan lower speeds use a different ground than the highest I would concentrate on testing ground G108 from the blower resister connector. That would be pin #2 at the bower resister, black wire to the ground eyelet on the inner fender near the right side battery. The "right amount" of resistance in that circuit would render your resistor block useless. You could do a resistance test with an ohm meter or load test it using a bright/high powered bulb. With the parts you have already thrown at it, that is where I might start. ;)

Reactions: Violet Bee Young

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will definitely check that out, thank you! Which side is the “right side”? Driver or passenger?

·
Registered
5,451 Posts
Passenger

1 - 4 of 4 Posts