The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have identified the a/c leak in my truck and it ended up being the line that connects to the back of the compressor. Only problem know is that I cant seem to find the correct replacement line. So if anyone has replaced this line I would be extremely happy if you could tell me what line you replaced it with! I attached a picture of the old line and one of the new lines that didnt fit. My vehicle is a 94 f350 idi turbo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
What part didn't fit? Looks like the exact line from the pictures.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The new hose in that picture is about 6 inches short on the long hose. If you look at the bracket that bolts up to the back of the compressor those metal lines are slightly different to. I have another picture of those metal lines I'll upload. Unfortunately I'm at work so I cant take any better pictures right now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
How exactly did you determine that the line is leaking? Where exactly is it leaking? It would probably be cheaper, quicker, & easier to get it repaired locally. Put your location in you profile.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I charged the system with 134a and uv dye. I found the uv dye leaking out from this hose. I couldn't find any uv dye anywhere else. I dont really want to spend hundreds of dollars at a shop getting it fixed if I could spend a couple bucks installing a new hose and charging with some 134a and a little oil.

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
What line did you buy? FOUR SEASONS 55315 appears to be the correct hose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I thought so to but that's the one in the picture that's about 6 inches short. I tried multiple ways of routing the hose but it was always short. Never thought it would be difficult to find an a/c line! I think I might have found the right one but on top of the metal block where the sensor sits it looks different than my stock hose. Here is a link to a better picture of it. https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/1994/ford/f350/climate_control/a-fs-c_refrigerant_discharge_-fs-_suction_hose_assembly.html#immersedview

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
I wonder if matching it up at your local NAPA would be advantageous as opposed to ordering it just hoping it will fit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I ended up finding the correct part number in another forum. The part number I was looking for was 55314 just in case anyone in the future stumbles upon this.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts