·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Automotive tire Wood Asphalt Bumper Motor vehicle

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Motor vehicle Automotive design Car Auto part Vehicle

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

What kind of clip / how does it attach at the bottom of the trans cooler?

Is there a better method than hose clamps to attach the AC lines at hose ends and radiator attachment points?
Where can I locate constant tension clamps for radiator hoses?

·
Registered
672 Posts
The trans cooler just sits on 10 mm bolts with washers. The rest I don't know.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trans cooler just sits on 10 mm bolts with washers. The rest I don't know.
I have only a hole with no threaded clip.

·
Registered
672 Posts
You're missing the speed nuts or whatever they are called. they are just like the 2 in the picture in the center 2 holes.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You're missing the speed nuts or whatever they are called. they are just like the 2 in the picture in the center 2 holes.
That is what I am looking for.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gorge, Check the wheels on your dolly. They look like they are going to snap off and one looks like it has a loose axle nut.
You need to check the load rating sticker on those things!
I borrowed the wheel dollies to spin the truck around and back it into the garage. They give barely enough room to roll under the truck on a creeper. Good thing I am not fat. Wasn't sure howit would be when removing the engine.

I should put the truck on stands now.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Would it be a good idea to adapt the hose size change (trans cooler has larger outlets) near the radiator connections? Or just get new hoses and better clamps?

The connections always seem to leak.

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Asphalt Gas

·
Premium Member
8,272 Posts
You can get those speed nuts at NAPA. You will have to match them. You might want to measure what the speed nut will be and get off of Amazon.
Been a whole since I’ve done a 6,0 cooler. I do think I remember they had larger lines and I adapted with Gates brass 1/4” NTP fittings.
They will allow you to use 5/16 or 3/8 fittings.
For example. Cut the 5/16 line coming out of radiator. Get 5/16 compression to 1/4npt Union to 3/8 barbed to 1/4 NPT. Use yellow Teflon tape on threads. White is not compatible whith petroleum products. You can get all of these items on Amazon.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Automotive tire Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Grille

Does some seal/ oring belong in the fitting on the side of the power steering pump?

Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive air manifold

This is my progress so far. I am waiting for constant tension spring clamps to arrive.
I bent the bracket for the GPR and switched positions of the GPR and IAH relays. This allowed easier access to the terminals of the heavy duty GPR.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts