The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So pollen season is over and the interior of the truck needed a good cleaning. No key in ignition, no key anywhere near truck. As I wipe the Nav screen with a soft rag and pass by the volume and tuning dials which turn a bit the radio turns on with the nav screen lit up with maps loaded. Open and close the doors and the radio stays on. Go in the house, get the key, start the truck and the radio is still on. Shut the truck off, open the door, the radio goes off as expected. Asked the rep at the dealership service department about it and he gave me a bewildered stare. Is there some mystical combination of dial turning, button pushing that tests the radio function???

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Did you spray anything on the screen and control panel?

Some of these modules like the ACM and APIN will operate with the ignition in the off position but I can't find the conditions that allow or stop this... here is one statement from the workshop manual that could explain this even though you said you had no key: The accessory delay feature is a BCM-controlled software function that allows the audio system to be operated for a preset period of time after the ignition is turned off and a front door has not been opened. It helps to know that when you turn off your truck many modules remain active for a set period of time before powering down.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
And I sat in my Fusion to go to work and before touching the ignition I was able to turn on my radio - I have SYNC, Sony sound with Navigation. Try this with your truck and see what you get.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Sat in a 2020 F350 this morning. Hit the radio power button and it all came alive. I am thinking you are mistaken that this is a malfunction at this point.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interestingly enough I did go out to the truck about the same time you did and pushed the power button. The radio/nav/Sync came on with no key in the ignition. I can find no mention of this feature anywhere in the manual or the brochures. The service guy didn't know about it. Seems like a great feature that the designers forgot to mention to the rest of the company! I wonder how long the timer goes for if it is in fact on a timer.

·
Registered
778 Posts
If I remember, it stays on about 15 minutes. I've sat waiting for my wife sometimes, and for some reason, 15 minutes just sounds right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts