The Diesel Stop banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2001 F250, 7.3, Extended Cab, Lariat, 4WD, 4WABS

When coming to a stop on dry pavement, the ABS seems to kick in on the right front. At about 2 or 3 mph, the right front brake lets go and the truck pulls to left as it stops. No other issues.

Bad sensor? Module? Something else?

Thanks

·
Registered
642 Posts
Did you find the problem with it?
Im having the same issue on my 01 with 206k miles.

Thanks, Rob

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No..... I may start throwing parts at it.

My best guess is the sensor on the front right.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
The symptom is typically caused by a weak sensor signal or one that drops out at low speeds. Excessive sensor to tone ring gap will cause this if the wheel bearing is going bad and will always start doing this just as you come to a stop. At that point it wont set a code or turn on the warning indicator. A scan tool capable of monitoring wheel speed can help identify which sensor is misbehaving. My explorer did this and I thought it was the right side... turned out to be the left.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ah, thanks.

At 160K, I suppose I should just do the bearings anyway. I'll let you know how that works out.

Mike

·
Registered
2,210 Posts
Replacing good OE bearings with aftermarket could increase your problems. Diagnose FIRST; choose how to repair SECOND.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Agreed. When the bearings went on my Explorer I went with inexpensive aftermarket hubs... which came with sensors as will the OEM hubs. One of them only lasted about two years.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Noted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts