The Diesel Stop banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a vacuum pump thats going bad cause an ABS light to come on on startup? Ive been batteling the ABS light for a couple months and am down to either vacuum pump or RABS sensor. I just bled all brakes and RABS sesor to check if there was air, and everything looked fine.

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Re: Vacuum pump cause ABS?

Yes it will make the ABS light come on if it is going bad, mine did right before my vaccum pump died.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thanks!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I changed the vacuum pump and that didnt fix anything. But I did find something odd. If I hold down the brake pedal when I start up the truck the light never comes on until I release it then it comes back on. Does that have anything to do with my problem?

·
Registered
339 Posts

isn't that plug on the rear end have something to do with the abs , or is it just a speed sensor? Anyway i thought if it was loose the ABs light would come on...I COULD BE WRONG

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

DaveUza, you are correct. That is the Vehicle Speed Sensor, or RABS sensor. I have replaced that along with bleeding all the lines.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Anybody else have any ideas? I just replaced the brake pedal switch and that wasent it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts